Turkey Chili - The. bomb.
A lot of my meals start out with veggies in a pan roasting. Veggies are good for you - well, we all know that right? This is a great way to get your family to eat them too! This Turkey Chili is amaaaaazzzzing!
Ingredients: (This makes 2 servings, so double it if making for a family)
1 TBSP Unrefined Coconut Oil
1-2 cups of Organic, Low Sodium Vegetable broth
1/4 cup sweet onion (you can add more, I do!)
1 stalk of celery
1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms
1/3 cup of red bell pepper
1/2 cup of black beans (if you use canned - PLEASE rinse them!)
1 can diced tomatoes (BPA free + organic please, with no extra sugar - check the ingredients)
Oregano, Parsley, Salt (pink) + Pepper - at least a teaspoon - don't be afraid!
4 oz of ground turkey (you can add any kind of meat or protein)
1. Put the first cup of broth in a pot with the onion, celery, mushrooms and the red bell pepper on low heat.
2. In a separate pan put the coconut oil with the turkey and cook.
3. Add the turkey into the pot of veggies and cook on low heat - to really bring out the flavor of the vegetables. Have it simmer :)
4. Add the beans, tomatoes and seasonings and continue to have it simmer.
5. Anything delish you want to add? This is the time!
The picture above shows the recipe at the beginning (and in a big pan) - it really is delish. You can add pretty much whatever you want, the base recipe is great to put your own spin on it. Feel free to add raw onions, salsa, raw cheese - anything healthy you desire on top!